Friday, May 6, 2011

Classroom Management

With middle school, keep it SIMPLE! Here is the long 
version of my classroom management style


Classroom Management

-Statement of Purpose:
Our classroom will bring students and teacher together for the
learning, creating, and appreciation of music. This will happen
in a safe, respectful, and cooperating environment to aid each
student in their quest for knowledge and skill.

-Rules:
1) Come on time and be prepared for class
2) Respect and care for one another.
3) Be responsible for your actions.
4) Respect our classroom and all instruments and equipment

-What to expect (A Love and Logic Classroom):
1) I will treat you with respect so you will know how to treat me
2) Feel free to do anything that doesn’t cause a problem for anyone else.
3) If you cause a problem, I will ask you to solve it
4) If you can’t solve the problem, or chose not to, I will do something
5) What I do will depend on the special person and the special situation
6) If you feel something is unfair, speak to me “I’m not sure that’s fair” and we will talk

-Class Entry:
1) Entry Respectfully 
2) Check board for instructions and agenda
3) Get out instruments
4) Prepare yourself, your instrument, and your music
5) Warm up

-Class Dismissal:
1) Do not pack up until told
2) Carefully put away instruments
3) Clean up your area
4) Wait for dismissal

No comments:

Post a Comment